By Mike Picker,Charles Griffiths
• every one staff of animals is roofed in a separate bankruptcy written by way of a expert within the box
• color photos of every species
• Maps for every species’ local and brought variety, and a close map of its unfold in South Africa
• textual content covers id and biology, distribution, affects and regulate for the actual species
• Alien animals are thought of in all habitats, together with freshwater, terrestrial and marine.
The ebook can be a necessary reference for conservationists, farmers, reserve managers, gardeners, anglers, biology scholars and researchers, and of curiosity to the lay public.
Read Online or Download Alien and Invasive Animals: A South African Perspective PDF
Similar african travel books
Namibia is an unlimited, historic position, its legacy an unending expanse of barren region sand fringed by way of coastal undeniable and rugged mountain terrain and dotted with geological wonders that stay the country's such a lot remarkable beneficial properties. Intrigued via the scenic splendour and entranced through the everchanging panorama that emerges past each nook, each towering dune and each mountaintop, Lily and Marcel Jouve travelled the size and breadth of the rustic to find the various aspects of the land and its geology.
A safari in northern Botswana takes the tourist to a desolate tract populated nearly solely via flora and fauna. listed here are the predators and their prey; the following, too, are the elephants, the hippos and the unbelievable birdlife of the Okavango Delta. This fourth version of Bradt's Botswana Safari consultant presents unrivalled insurance of the region's flora and fauna, atmosphere and heritage, in addition to a radical review of while, the place and the way to move.
Das Reisehandbuch Äthiopien erschien erstmals Ende 2012. Mittlerweile entdecken Jahr für Jahr immer mehr Individualreisende das Land am „Horn von Afrika". Mit seiner jahrtausendealten Geschichte, seiner grandiosen Landschaft und Fülle an Kulturen und Religionen gehört Äthiopien zu den wohl vielfältigsten Ländern Afrikas.
This completely up to date re-creation of Bradt's Northern Tanzania Safari consultant is still the one full-length guidebook focussed solely at the northern a part of the rustic and Zanzibar. adapted heavily to the necessities of an individual occurring a safari to northern Tanzania, by means of a number of days on Zanzibar, it presents way more targeted assurance of the neighborhood safari circuit and different major points of interest than different publications.
- Tracker Manual
- Fighting the Slave Hunters in Central Africa: A Record of Twenty-Six Years of Travel and Adventure Round the Great Lakes (Missionary Researches and Travels)
- Lonely Planet Africa (Travel Guide)
- In Namibia: Campingreisen durch das einsamste Land Afrikas (German Edition)
- The Guaraní and Their Missions: A Socioeconomic History
- Madagascar (Rumbo a nº 82) (Spanish Edition)
Extra resources for Alien and Invasive Animals: A South African Perspective